"UF Health Shands is still working out the details of how distribution will work at our Gainesville campus, but we expect a team to be charged with inventory and distribution," Garcia said.
According to Myers, the order of distribution is as follows:
1. Healthcare workers and first responders
2. High risk individuals and those in congregate settings such as long-term care facilities
3. Essential essential workers and individuals with underlying health conditions
4. Workers in general settings, children, and young adults
5. Remaining unvaccinated population
According to Myers, once the phase one population is saturated with the vaccine, the effort moves on to the second phase.