The Levy County Drug Task Force executed a search warrant at 91 NE 131st Terrace in Williston last week that concluded the major portion of a one year long drug investigation. DTF Detectives coordinated the execution of this warrant with the Sheriff’s Office Tactical Response Unit early on the morning of August 3rd and took eight people into custody.
This investigation identified a pattern of illegal drug sales occurring at all hours of the day and night that prompted multiple complaints from neighboring homes. LCSO has previously responded to what are believed to be two drug-related deaths at this home. One drug overdose occurred on July 24, 2020 at the residence.
Detectives located a trafficking quantity of methamphetamines and an extraordinary amount of drug paraphernalia on the premises. A significant sum of cash was seized on site. Detectives arrested six of the eight detained individuals:
• Larry Baze was charged with Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer, Resisting Arrest, Trafficking Methamphetamine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. His bond was set at $305,000.00;
• Christina Ferranti was charged with Trafficking in Methamphetamine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Her bond was set at $265,000.00;
• Janean McEwan was charged with Possession of Methamphetamine and Drug Paraphernalia. Her bond was set at $20,000.00;
• Franklin Barber was also charged with Possession of Methamphetamine and Drug Paraphernalia and was given an identical bond of $20,000.00;
• Rainy Arrowood was charged with Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Her bond was set at $20,000.00;
• James “Toes” Uhlig was charged with Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. His bond was set at $10,000.00.
LCSO will continue to aggressively investigate those individuals who are supplying the drugs causing the overdoses in Levy County. Anyone wishing to provide information is asked to contact the Criminal Investigations Division at 352-486-5111 ext. 270, or make an anonymous report to Crime Stoppers at 1-877-349-8477. You can remain anonymous and still collect a reward for the information.