Accounts Receivable - Gainesville, FL - Full Time
SIMEDHealth is currently looking for an Accounts Receivable (AR) Counselor 2 to join our Gainesville, FL team.
The AR Counselor 2 is responsible for the Accounts Receivable of assigned SIMEDHealth physicians. The AR Counselor 2 works aging reports for assigned physicians ensuring that age of accounts are kept within the set goals, identifies insurance issues and denials and works with carriers for resolution and recovery. The AR counselor 2 also works patient due balance amounts and refers collection issues to appropriate counselor.
A qualified AR Counselor 2 will have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalency REQUIRED
- Minimum two years of medical office billing and collection experience REQUIRED
- Must be able to problem solve collection and accounts receivable issues to resolution
- Should have a working knowledge of the Intergy system software or other EMR experience PREFERRED
- Knowledge of Microsoft word, and Excel PREFERRED
Ability to recognize, analyze and recommend corrective action to the Director in order to continuously improve collections.
Here are an unexhausted list of duties that an AR Counselor 2 is responsible for:
- Shall be responsible for the Accounts Receivable of assigned SIMEDHealth physicians
- Shall be responsible for reviewing all outstanding insurance balances for assigned physicians greater than 60 days
- Shall ensure that insurance balances do not exceed time limit filing
- Shall respond to insurance and patient inquires in a timely and accurate manner
- Shall work insurance denials on a weekly basis
- Shall review the assigned physician schedule to identify any patient or insurance collection issues
- Shall be responsible for reviewing all paper claims for assigned physicians
- Shall be responsible for continuous improvement of % of collection for assigned group
SIMEDHealth offers a diverse and complete benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness discounts and more.
SIMEDHealth is an equal opportunity employer.