Full Time or Part Time
Job Location - 521 NE 23rd Ave, Gainesville , Florida, 32609
Base Salary - $13 - $17
As the cashier, you are responsible for greeting the customer, taking orders, charging & receiving money, and ensuring the customer receives the correct order, essentially you will become a menu expert.
- Always come to work with a clean uniform.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized workstation.
- Be a team player—support and assist your fellow team members whenever possible.
- Maintains sanitary standards.
- Responsible for counting cash drawer at beginning and end of shift
- Greeting guests, taking food and beverage orders, and in some cases expediting food order.
- Ringing guest orders into the cash register or POS system
- Suggestive selling throughout the order taking process (large drinks, side orders, desserts, etc.). Remember as a cashier, you are a David’s BBQ sales person.
- Responsible for properly charging the guest and collecting payment for orders.
- Responsible for processing credit and debit card transactions.
- Answering phone and taking phone orders.
- Interacts with customers in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Stocks display refrigerators accurately and efficiently.
- Cleans tables and chairs, as assigned, by the start of each meal period.
- Cleans equipment, as assigned, thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
- Keeps floor in work or service area clean and free of debris.
- Completes shift work, as assigned, timely and thoroughly in accordance with department standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired but not essential for prep area.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language of the work location.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations and make change with cash.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to lift, stoop, and bend.
- Must have the ability to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Family and Medical Leave
- IRA Matching up to 3%
- Free meal during shift and 50% off employee meals
- Medical/accident/dental insurance