Gainesville, FL, United States
Full-time • Nights (Rotating Weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Clin Nurse Coord Orthopedics you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida North Florida Hospital which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
UP TO $15000.00 SIGN ON BONUS FOR ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES
HCA Florida North Florida Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Florida North Florida Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better organization.
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
What qualifications you will need:
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing. BSN preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
A minimum of 1 year acute care or specialty experience required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect. Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer usage. Tactful communication skills and the ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs. Ability to lead others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives, to provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams, and to drive employee engagement. Ability to make timely, informed decisions that are in the best interest of our patients, employees, providers, community, and HCA. Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, remove barriers and resistance, and enable desired behaviors. Ability to commit to the success and financial wellbeing of HCA by challenging others to excel and by holding themselves and others accountable for achieving results. Ability to demonstrate an uncompromising commitment to delivering exceptional care to create an unmatched value proposition for our patients. Ability to use independent judgment and decision making in the execution of supervisory responsibilities, including when considering schedules, workload, and skill mix in assigning work; rewarding, counseling, or disciplining employees; leading and developing others; and directing employees within their responsibility.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire.
Unit specific requirements:
· Med/Surg- ACLS
· Med/Surg/Neuro- ACLS, PALS
· Critical Care- ACLS
· NICU- Stable, NRP (Instructor within 1 year)
· LDRP- ACLS, NRP
· PostPartum- ACLS, NRP
· Company Care- ACLS
· BHU – CPI, AHCA Fingerprinting
· Emergency Department: ACLS, BLS, PALS, CPI
Freestanding Emergency Departments: ACLS, BLS, PALS, CPI, NRP
HCA Florida North Florida Hospital is a 523-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center. For over 49 years, we have served North Central Florida. We offer comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, and neurosciences. We offer minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment. Other services that we provide include women’s health and wound therapy. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission and certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center. Our hospital has an Accredited Chest Pain Center by ACC (American College of Cardiology) and is designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery. We are committed to patient safety and quality of care. We have received the highest scores available in recognition of this commitment.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Clin Nurse Coord Orthopedics opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.