Starting salary: $35,500
At Elder Options, our mission is our passionate purpose. We are seeking people like you who want to join our caring, credible and committed family of dedicated professionals and who want to support our aging and disabled communities with all the resources they need to stay healthy and safe.
Why Join the Elder Options Team?
· We are committed and caring. All our team is dedicated to supporting the aging and disabled living in our communities.
· We are trusted. We have a long, 45-year history of supporting and advocating for elders, and are the one stop shop, coordinating all elder care resources in the communities we serve.
· We support you. We recognize as a caring professional, you need care and support too. We promote work life balance, wellness education, personal days, and vacation time begins to accrue on day one.
· We live our values. Our benefits are exceptional. Because we know the importance of seniors and their retirement income, we provide contributions to your retirement equal to more than 10% of your pay, even if you don’t pay in. We offer several health insurance options with great coverage. Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability Insurance and Life Insurance are free too.
· We are a family. If you join us, you will want to stay with us. 53% of our staff have stayed with us for more than 5 years. Why do they stay? Our team says they stay because of the leadership, support, culture and mission.
Who are we looking for?
We are always looking for those that share our passion for the mission above all else. If you are new to field, looking for a second career or have 40 years of experience, you are welcome here.
For this position, we are looking for a Community Health Care Coach to work with patients of all ages, who have health or mental health needs and may have been recently discharged from the hospital.
A day in the life of a Community Health Coach at Elder Options is working with clients to assess a client’s needs, assist a client to understand their health condition, help clients create a health and wellness plan, assist them to navigate resources like health systems and coach them with one-on-support to achieve their health and wellness goals.
Coaches will meet with clients where they are…in their home, care setting such as the hospital or virtually based on a client’s needs and interest.
All coaches will receive training in several evidence based models, along with training and modeling from their peers and supervisor.
Coaches must be flexible to client schedules, have the ability to travel frequently to client homes locally and an ability to work with a population that is elderly and/or frail/disabled. Coaches will have excellent interpersonal skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, and be computer proficient. Coaches should be successful at working independently as well as functioning as a member of a multidisciplinary team. A Level II background screening is required along with successful driving history.
BA/BS required. Human service/aging network experience a plus. ADA/EOE. Level 2 background screening required.
If you have questions, or need to apply using an alternate method, contact Kathy Dorminey at email@example.com or (352) 692-5214. Elder Options, Inc. is located at 100 SW 75th Street, Suite 301, Gainesville, FL 32607.