515 NW 23rd Ave., Gainesville, FL 32609
Salary: Depending on experience
Job Type: Full/Part Time
Ward’s Supermarket is a 4th generation family owned and operated grocery store located in Gainesville, Florida. At Ward’s, it’s not just about people coming to get groceries – it’s personal. Whether it’s a vendor, an employee or customer, we view everyone as part of our family. And like family members, we want the best for everyone.
We are looking for a skilled handyman/maintenance worker responsible for all upkeep and repair duties including maintaining green spaces, identifying the need for repairs, servicing company equipment and other duties that may be assigned. This person will be skilled and hard-working with outstanding problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Perform basic tasks including painting and filling crevices, cleaning and managing maintenance repairs.
· Perform repairs on company machinery, equipment or appliances.
· Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs.
· Maintain the cleanliness of outside spaces such as parking lots and sidewalks, perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping, etc.
· Comply with safety policies and procedures.
· Assists with other duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment.
· Detailed-orientated with an aptitude for problem solving.
· Physical stamina and dexterity
· Ability to follow directions and procedures, effective time management and organization skills.
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
· A minimum of 2 years’ working experience in a similar role.
· Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
· Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
· In an 8-hour workday: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
· Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
· Ability to work in a wet and/or cold environment.
· Competitive pay, paid time off, 10% store discount, insurance (health, dental, vision, accidental, critical illness & life)