Multiple Locations - Gainesville, FL - Full Time
SIMEDHealth is currently seeking Full Time Medical Assistants for our offices in our Gainesville, FL location.
The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for the management and flow of the clinical day. It is the MA’s responsibility to ensure that patients receive clinical care such as vital signs, assisting MD’s with procedures, responding to patient inquiries, assisting patients with referrals and procedures and other patient care duties. The MA must do his/her position while remembering Customer Service, safety and professionalism are key components of this position.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assisting program and/or have achieved National Certification PREFERRED
- BLS/CPR certification REQUIRED
- 1-2 years previous experience with an electronic health record PREFERRED
- Worked one or more years in a private medical office or hospital setting PREFERRED
Listed below are some of the duties and responsibilities for the MA:
- Prepare patient electronic medical records to ensure that all appropriate documentation is present for each patient visit.
- Room patients; obtain full set of accurate vital signs and document in chart or EHR.
- Coordinate medical refill requests between the patient and the physician
- Administer medications as ordered by provider (e.g. injections, oral and topical) for which you are qualified and instructed.
- Assist/perform all necessary patient procedures for which you are qualified. May perform EKGs, spirometry testing, dressings and wound care depending on practice make up
- Triage and screen patient calls and assist patients with questions regarding their care.
- Assisting with patient referrals and/or authorizations for surgical procedures or other procedures as needed.
SIMEDHealth offers a diverse and complete benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness discounts and more.
SIMEDHealth is an equal opportunity employer.