515 NW 23rd Ave., Gainesville, FL 32609
Job Details: Stock Clerk Closer
Salary: From $11 an hour
Job Type: Full Time
Ward’s Supermarket is a 4th generation family owned and operated grocery store located in Gainesville, Florida. At Ward’s, it’s not just about people coming to get groceries – it’s personal. Whether it’s a vendor, an employee or customer, we view everyone as part of our family. And like family members, we want the best for everyone.
The stock clerk is responsible for maintaining pricing, stocking and rotation of merchandise, knowledge of where products are in store to assist with customer inquiries, as well as other functions as required in an efficient manner within company policies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Assist in receiving and unloading merchandise, check and verify grocery receiving to ensure that items listed on vendor invoices are all delivered, check products for quality, count and condition.
- Monitors product quality and freshness and ensures proper product rotation.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Assist customers in retrieving items from inaccessible areas or in obtaining products they inquire about
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow team members, customers and vendors.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures, effective time management and organization skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour workday: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to temperatures: Less than 32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and/or cold environment.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, pallet jacks, forklifts, balers, and other machinery.
- Competitive pay, paid time off, 10% store discount, insurance (health, dental, vision, accidental, critical illness & life)