Location: 100 SW 75th Street, Suite 301, Gainesville, FL 32607.
Opening Salary: $37,000
At Elder Options, our mission is our passionate purpose. We are seeking people like you who want to join our caring, credible and committed family of dedicated professionals and who want to support our aging and disabled communities with all the resources they need to stay healthy and safe.
Why Join the Elder Options Team?
- We are committed and caring. All our team is dedicated to supporting the aging and disabled
living in our communities.
- We are trusted. We have a long, 45-year history of supporting and advocating for elders, and are
the one stop shop, coordinating all elder care resources in the communities we serve.
- We support you. We recognize as a caring professional, you need care and support too. We
promote work life balance, wellness education, personal days, and vacation time begins to accrue
on day one.
- We live our values. Our benefits are exceptional. Because we know the importance of seniors
and their retirement income, we provide contributions to your retirement equal to more than 10%
of your pay, even if you don’t pay in. We offer several health insurance options with great
coverage. Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability Insurance and Life Insurance are free too.
- We are a family. If you join us, you will want to stay with us. 53% of our staff have stayed with us
for more than 5 years. Why do they stay? Our team says they stay because of the leadership,
support, culture and mission.
The Outreach and Education Specialist is responsible for providing community education and running a
volunteer program focused on COVID-19 and flu vaccine education. The individual will work under the
supervision of the Chief Operating Officer. They will provide information develop material about COVID19 and flu vaccines with the goal of identifying and assisting people in Marion, Alachua, Bradford, and Columbia counties to become vaccinated against COVID-19 and the flu.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the development and coordination for planning, development, and dissemination of
appropriate public information about COVID and Flu vaccination in accordance with CDC data.
- Seeks, trains, and encourages volunteer participation in our Vaccine Ambassador program, in
Marion, Alachua Bradford, and Columbia Counties. Develops a work plan to keep volunteers
engaged and trained with the latest information.
- Meets with volunteers regularly, and tracks community activities and travel.
- Provides technical assistance to volunteers.
- Manages and/or plans community vaccination education events, encouraging volunteer
participation to promote vaccinations in diverse civic, public, private, and organizational groups of
various sizes to provide educational presentations.
- Assists with developing programs to help individuals needing to get a COVID-19 vaccination that
may include assistance with scheduling appointments, arranging accessible transportation to
vaccination sites, reminding the person of their second vaccination appointment, and other
- Creates educational pieces for Social Media, Organization newsletters, and other community
- Tracks all communications, events, and activities for grant. Completes Community Catalyst
trainings, quarterly REDCAP reports and narrative reports about program outcomes.
- Coordinates the development and strengthening of local community partnerships, staffing
community outreach and health fair events, and promoting awareness of vaccine safety, and
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four years related experience and/or training
- Experience with leading volunteer programs
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- ADA/EOE. Level 2 background screening required.