Salary - $17.10 Hourly
Location - Hybrid
Job Type - Part-Time
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
GRRATE Summer Institutes, a National Science Foundation project, is seeking an Instructional Specialist to work on a year-long project that hosts summer programs for high schoolers in Alachua and Bradford counties at five (5) center locations. In Summer 2023, we are focusing on Robots for the purpose of this three-year grant.
This position will work remotely, with some required in-person attendance during the summer program. This position assists with the program’s design and works closely with the Principal Investigator. The Instructional Specialist will also assist with research for the GRRATE Summer Institutes Grant.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide program recruitment and intake assistance.
- Administer pre and post assessments for research purposes.
- Be on-site for summer programs to assist with oversight.
- Participate in student orientation activities.
- Attend professional development workshops as needed.
- Compile and enter program data and maintain accurate records for grant reporting and provide reports and research in a timely manner.
- Assist in research for current and future grants.
- Participate in weekly virtual team meetings.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Director, Davis & Perry Centers Qualifications
Required: Bachelor’s Degree.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Some graduate hours and/or experience in instructional design, or in STEM field(s).Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume/curriculum vitae, as well as academic transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status. This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission, applicants for employment, and the general public. http://www.sfcollege.edu/eaeo/
Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies or concerns about discrimination or harassment, including concerns about sexual harassment or sexual violence under Title IX, should be directed to: email@example.com
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.