Radiology - Gainesville, FL - Full Time
SIMEDHealth is currently seeking a Full Time Radiology Technologist (Mammography) for our Imaging Department in our Gainesville, FL office. The Radiology Technologist (RT) shall perform diagnostic procedures ordered by the physician. The RT shall display a professional attitude while maintaining the confidentiality of the patient, in order to interact with patients, coworkers, physicians, and management. The RT is a representative of SIMEDHealth and as such should demonstrate a friendly, courteous, and conscientious interaction with our patients and perform their job in a professional manner.
This position involves exposure to biohazardous materials that mandate the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), appropriate to the task of specimen collection and/or processing. The RT will be familiar with the use of OSHA approved safety devices provided for use during the specimen collection process (ie. "eclipse" safety needles, butterfly sets, vacutainer holders, etc.).
Additionally, the RT will perform radiographic exams. The employee is responsible for safely demonstrating proficiency in patient care skills, superior knowledge of radiography and has compassion for patients he or she assists. The employee will take pride and ownership in their duties by checking equipment daily for leaks or spills and any issues which may present safety concerns.
Qualified candidates will possess the following minimally:
- High school diploma or equivalent REQUIRED
- AA/AS Degree PREFERRED
- Current Florida general radiographer license REQUIRED
- BLS/CPR Certification REQUIRED
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (AART) Mammography certification/license REQUIRED
- Minimum 2 years in a previous radiology/imaging department, medical office or hospital setting PREFERRED
- Minimum 1 year of previous general radiographer experience REQUIRED
- Previous electronic medical record experience
The following is a basic list of duties and functions which may be required of you in your position:
- Shall be able to lift over fifty pounds.
- Understand and follow Infection Control, Universal Precautions, and Biohazardous Waste Protocol
- Keep work area neat and organized
- Adheres to all SIMEDHealth policies and protocols
- Provides help and assistance as needed to patients, providers, visitors, and other staff
- Is familiar with the use of Intergy Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Orchard LIS
- Shall maintain ethical working relationship with all personnel and protect the confidentiality of the patient.
- Shall perform marketing duties as needed to assist with developing diagnostic center.
- Shall perform clerical duties as needed to assist with department productivity.
- Shall be capable of assisting patients from a wheelchair or stretcher onto the x-ray table or be able to assist patient in positioning for an x-ray.
- Will warm up x-ray equipment and processor for daily use.
- Will change date stickers daily.
- Will change and monitor film badges monthly to ensure employee safety.
- Will perform general radiograph exams per physician or provider orders.
- Will assist medical providers with obtaining radiography reports.
- Will order and stock supplies for daily use.
- Will perform quality assurance protocols consisting of:
- Monthly collimator testing, yearly lead apron & glove testing.
- Cleaning cassettes monthly with screen cleaner.
- Calculating monthly statistics and creating monthly reports.
- Collaborate with Division Manager to update policy and procedure manual related to radiography as needed.
- Make sure room and equipment is in proper order for next day’s business.
SIMEDHealth offers a diverse and complete benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness discounts and more.
SIMEDHealth is an equal opportunity employer.