Sleep Lab - Gainesville, FL - Full Time
SIMEDHealth is looking for a PRN Sleep Technologist to join our Sleep Lab team in Gainesville, FL. The sleep technologist works under the general supervision of the Sleep Lab manager to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders including in center and out of center sleep testing, diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, comprehensive patient care and direct patient education. Our sleep technologist is able to perform the duties defined for a sleep technician. Our sleep technologist is credentialed in sleep technology.
The following qualifications and experience that we are looking for in a Polysomnographic Tech:
- High School Diploma REQUIRED
- Certification by a nationally recognized certification board and holds Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
- Eligible to become certified by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)and will become certified within 6 months
- BLS Certification REQUIRED
- Successful completion of an accredited educational program
- Experience working in an accredited sleep lab and experience with obtaining accreditation of a sleep lab is highly preferred
The following are duties which may be required of you as a Sleep Technologist:
- Determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols
- Review the patient's history and verify the medical order
- When patient arrives, verify identification, collect documents and obtain consent for the study
- Perform routine positive airway pressure (PAP) interface fitting
- Follow procedural protocols, (such as Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), parasomnia studies, PAP, oxygen titration etc.) to ensure collection of appropriate data.
- Perform data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free. Identify, correct and document artifact
- Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results
- Implement appropriate interventions (including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention such as positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc)
- Score sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines
- Score clinical events (such as respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousals, etc.) utilizing AASM standards
- Monitors signals and study failures and generate an accurate report
- Present patient data to physician if indicated
- Ensure labs are properly stocked with supplies and linens
SIMEDHealth is an equal opportunity employer.