Location: Gainesville, FL
Rate Of Pay: $16/HR - $18/HR - Depending on education, experience and/or qualifications
Manages the office of the Sr. VP of Clinical Specialties while also assisting the Sr. VP of Clinical and Community Services in a variety of administrative matters. Duties include providing administrative, secretarial and other support functions as well as managing correspondence and activities among the Meridian staff corresponding with CCO and SVP of Clinical and community Services, as well as community stakeholders. Work requires a thorough understanding of Center policies, procedures, programs and services. The employee in this position must be able to work and make important decisions independently while maintaining appropriate discretion at all times.
· A Bachelor's (BS) degree and three years administrative, secretarial or clerical experience, preferably dealing with the public or in a clinic setting
· An Associate of Arts (AA) degree and five years of progressively responsible secretarial and clerical experience, preferably dealing with the public or in a clinic setting
· Graduation from a standard high school or its equivalent and seven years of progressively responsible secretarial and clerical experience, preferably dealing with the public or in a clinic setting
Must have a current Florida Driver's License with a clean driving record while meeting company insurance requirements.
In order to qualify as a Center Driver, the candidate must at least 21 years of age and have an active Florida Driver's license. Motor Vehicle Record will be reviewed for eligibility. No more than 3 moving violations and/or accidents within the past 3 years and no major violations during the past 5 years. Drivers over 65 years old must provide a current doctor's note stating they have no driving limitations.
- Manage and coordinate supervisor's calendar and independently schedule appointments.
- Provide administrative, secretarial and other support functions as well as managing correspondence and activities among the Outpatient team and other community leaders and stakeholders.
- Assist internal and external customers/clients with inquiries and questions; refer to most appropriate department and/or staff member for assistance resolution.
- Provide necessary receptionist and/or secretarial duties for Department, including transcription, correspondence composition, typing, filing, photocopy, mail distribution, and other related/needed duties in an efficient and effective manner, including high proficiency in Word and Acrobat and other office related software programs.
- Serve as custodian of corporate documents and records and oversee document preparation, storage and retrieval for Department.
- Create, maintain, and update database and spreadsheet files and/or information used to track information in your Department
- Coordinate, maintain and update Center wide Policy Manual, Procedure Manuals, as well as Program-specific policies and procedures in Department, assisting supervisor with employee notification and training, when necessary.
- Monitor designated areas of the Department's budget and service, which may include projections and production, expenditures and revenues; Bring any concerns to attention of supervisor. May also manage petty cash account.
- Coordinate internal and external public relations, employee, and community activities/ events for the department.
- Coordinate internal and external trainings for the department.
- Serve as trouble-shooter, consultant and trainer to resolve problems and assist support staff in programs throughout the Center as requested by supervisor.
- Must be able to work independently and confident in making independent decisions when necessary.
- Perform other duties as required to meet program and departmental goals and objectives.
- Maintain awareness and use of appropriate discretion at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Specific competencies required are identified on a department/program specific basis and identified in each employee's Competency Checklist.
Meridian is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service or because they are a protected veteran or other non-merit based factors.