UF Health - Shands
Department: Audit Services
Posted FTE:1.00 = 40 Hours
Job Opening Summary
With supervision and guidance, performs basic audits, assists in the performance of complex audits and consults engagements of assigned organizational or functional activities by reviewing the effectiveness of controls, records, operations and procedures. Work will involve assistance to the external auditors. Requires travel to all UF Health Shands facilities.
Job Opening Qualifications:
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS or BA in accounting; or BS or BA in business admin with at least three accounting courses; or BS or BA in another field with three years of experience in an accounting/auditing position, preferably in a health care environment.
- Has a basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and Institute of Internal Auditor standards.
- Has an extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with financial accounting systems required.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and organizational skills and an understanding of sound business practices.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Epic, Kronos, ACL and TeamMate are a plus.
- Promotes a work environment that helps individuals reach their individual potential while maintaining a sensible balance between their professional and personal lives.
- Will work with the Audit Services Director to create and implement a career development plan, be open to more responsibilities as experience is gained and be open to becoming a future leader within Shands.
Motor Vehicle Operator Designation:
- Employees in this position will operate vehicles for an assigned business purpose as a "frequent driver."
NOTE: A frequent driver is defined as one who uses his/her personal or Shands automobile a) at least once daily, b) at least five individual trips per week or c) drives, on average, over 150 miles per week in the performance of his/her job. Please indicate the appropriate operator designation on the Request for Personnel (RFP) form at the time a RFP is submitted to post the position.
- Willingness to consider obtaining CAS.
Minimum Pay Rate - Hourly: $25.48
Midpoint Pay Rate - Hourly: $35.54
We invite you to join our team! Our work and passion for excellence are intended to have an impact beyond the communities in which we serve. You may apply for a maximum of 10 positions at any given time. For general application process topics please review our Frequently Asked Questions. For technical assistance please contact Human Resources at 352-265-0441.
UF Health Shands Hospital is committed to diversity as a competitive advantage in attracting top talent from across the nation and around the world. We believe in sharing knowledge, learning from one another, valuing different opinions, and celebrating the things that make each one of us unique in our own right. UF Health Shands Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V