Multiple - Gainesville, FL - Full Time
SIMEDHealth is currently seeking a Full Time Telephone Operator for offices in our Gainesville, FL location.
The Telephone Operator is, in many cases, the first introduction to our practice. As the operator you will answers incoming calls courteously and respectfully, introducing self and providing a welcome greeting. You will be responsible for directing calls in a pleasant, professional manner, assisting patients as needed, confirming patient appointments and performing assorted office tasks. You must demonstrate the ability to multi-task, handle multiple phone lines and be detail oriented. You must have extraordinary customer service skills and a clear speaking voice. Self-motivated and self-disciplined individuals are ideal candidates for this position. Bilingual/Spanish speaking representatives are encouraged to apply.
The following is a basic list of duties and functions which may be required of you in your position.
- Answer incoming phones and direct patient calls to appropriate extension using multi-line phone system
- Answer patient inquiries regarding general customer service questions (e.g. office directions, operating hours, etc.)
- Must be able to verify patient information, update when needed and document appropriate heath care information electronically into the patient chart using Intergy
- Must be able to type detailed notes
- Ability to schedule appointments, verify insurance and work an electronic fax server
- Must be able to read and interpret Hospital Call Schedules
- Review provider schedules on a daily basis and though out the day for availability
- Shall be familiar with hospital consults & transitional care calls.
- Assist in directing new patient calls to our new patient coordinator
- Retrieve voicemail messages throughout the day and return calls when necessary
- Observing patient and staff safety policies & procedures including HIPAA
- Provide basic information to patients about SIMEDHealth providers and services
- Must be able to stay seated for long periods of time
This list of duties if for you assistance but is in no way the extent of what you are expected to do. Duties may be added or changed. If more help is needed in other areas with other clinics, we expect full cooperation and assistance to reach our team goals.
SIMEDHealth offers a diverse and complete benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness discounts and more.
SIMEDHealth is an equal opportunity employer.