Pain Management - Gainesville, FL - Full Time
SIMEDHealth is currently looking for a X-Ray Technologist (XRT) / Fluoroscopy Technologist to join our team in our Pain Management division in our Gainesville, FL location.
The X-Ray Technologist (XRT) / Fluoroscopy Technologist performs radiographic exams for physicians or will assist providers during interventional pain procedures using a C-ARM. This employee is responsible for safely demonstrating proficiency in patient care skills, superior knowledge of radiography and has compassion for those he or she assists. The employee will take pride and ownership in their duties by checking equipment daily for leaks or spills and any issues which may present safety concerns.
A qualified candidate will have the following:
- High school diploma or equivalency REQUIRED
- Current general radiographer license REQUIRED
- Current CPR license REQUIRED
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologist) certification PREFERRED
- 1 – 2 years medical or hospital setting experience PREFERRED
- Minimum 1 year experience as a general radiographer REQUIRED
- Intergy or other electronic health record experience PREFERRED
The following is a basic list of duties and functions which may be required of you in your position:
- Review consents, allergies & anticoagulants with the patient prior to interventional pain procedures
- Load PACS system with patient information for proper documentation
- Prepare sterile trays, drugs & patient preparation for interventional pain procedures
- Ensure proper patient positioning: prone vs. supine, use of cervical headrest & knowledge of interventional pain procedures
- Demonstrate proper alignment of the C-Arm for procedure for interventional pain procedures
- Ensure “time out” procedure is observed by rechecking consent, allergies and anticoagulants with patients prior to all interventional pain procedures
- Apply patient wound dressings when applicable
- Ensure patient stability status post procedure prior to mobilization
- Perform patient transport assist from procedure table to wheelchair while monitoring fall precautions
- Transport patient to post procedure area, notify monitoring staff to ensure patient safety
- Stock & restock clinic rooms as needed
- Demonstrate proper use & cleaning of autoclave
- Demonstrate proper use & disposal of Biohazard materials and containers when appropriate
- Demonstrate proper use & cleaning of laundry used during patient procedures
- Perform monitoring of radiofrequency during patient treatment course
- Demonstrate proper knowledge of and perform proper procedures utilized with different physicians
This list of duties is for your assistance but is in no way the extent of what you are expected to do. Duties may be added or changed. If more help is needed in other areas with other clinics, we expect full cooperation and assistance to reach our team goals.
SIMEDHealth offers a diverse and complete benefits package including health, life, dental, vision, 401(k), profit sharing, paid time off, paid holidays, wellness discounts and more.
SIMEDHealth is an equal opportunity employer.