Salary: $19.50 Hourly
Location: Northwest Campus, Gainesville
Works with the Fitness Center Manager to create, oversee, facilitate and conduct the yoga program for SF students and staff. Classes will be held daily Monday – Friday from 6:45am – 7:45am.
The focus is on stretch and relaxation with the goal of reducing stress and increasing wellness. The successful candidate will have a positive and energetic attitude, be passionate about wellness and have two years of experience leading group yoga classes. The coordinator must be a certified yoga instructor.
Class will take place Monday – Friday in the mornings. The exact class time will be determined based on the instructor’s availability.
Reports to: Fitness Center Manager
Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach safe, effective yoga techniques and positions to a diverse population of SF students and staff.
- Demonstrate all yoga exercises to participants to ensure compliance to safety standards and that participants are doing the exercises and poses with proper alignment.
- Monitor fitness levels and requirements of all participants and design classes to suit the needs of participants.
- Direct yoga classes according to the assigned schedule.
- Devise and implement engaging routines and movements.
- Provide ongoing observation and feedback to the SF participants regarding proper yoga techniques.
- Provide a variety of teaching methods to accommodate different learning styles.
- Provide alternative movements during class to accommodate different fitness & skill levels.
- Respond to participants suggestions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain neat and clean exercise room at all times.
- Participate in special campus events and activities as needed.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: RYT 200 Hour Certification, CPR + AED
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online application with the required certifications as listed above, along with a resume/CV.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status. This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission, applicants for employment, and the general public. http://www.sfcollege.edu/eaeo/
Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies or concerns about discrimination or harassment, including concerns about sexual harassment or sexual violence under Title IX, should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.