ACPS opens magnet programs application process

The window for local families to apply for their children to attend one of Alachua County Public Schools’ (ACPS) academic or career-technical (CTE) magnet programs opened today and will run through April 5.

ACPS has established an online application process that allows families to apply for multiple programs at the same time. The district has not yet determined a timeline for notifying families about acceptance into a program.

The school will select 75 percent of the students in each magnet program, and the other 25 percent will be chosen using a lottery program.

Become A Member

Mainstreet does not have a paywall, but pavement-pounding journalism is not free. Join your neighbors who make this vital work possible.

Students must meet certain academic, attendance and disciplinary criteria to be eligible for each magnet. They also must also meet program standards to remain enrolled, but standardized test score requirements will be waived for all programs since tests were canceled last spring due to COVID-19.

The application, magnet program requirements and other information can be found on the district’s website. Hard copies of the application will also be available at each school.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments