The Alachua County Commission will conduct a hybrid Special Meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 1st at 1:30 p.m. The Commission will discuss the Alachua County CARES Act. The public may attend and participate (offer comments) in this meeting virtually and in-person.
The recommended actions to be discussed are:
1) Approve an inter-fund loan from the General Fund of $26 Million to the CARES Act fund until reimbursement from the State of Florida is received.
2) Authorize the Manager, or designated staff or consultant, to reallocate funds between approved programs (including from contingency) and between any eligible subrecipients/recipients within each program, including new subrecipients if they are eligible, to expedite funding with the intent of maximizing funding delivery to eligible recipients and subrecipients.
3) Authorize the Manager, or designated staff or consultant, to file, submit, prepare online, and approve budget adjustments or any like action to amend the adopted Alachua County CARES Act Plan in accordance with the Plan.
4) Authorize the Manager or Chair to sign subrecipient agreements for any amounts, memoranda of understanding, and similar documents necessary for these changes.
5) Authorize the Manager, or designated staff or consultant, to sign and file any needed documents with the State of Florida, including FDEM, to expedite the receipt of funds and approval of the plan, regardless of amount, as long as it is consistent with the Board’s approved modified Alachua County CARES Act Plan.
6) Approve all decisions of the Manager relating to this CARES Act plan since the last CARES Act meeting.
View the agenda and backup items by clicking here.
The public who attend in-person must wear a facial covering at all times. Public seating will be made available up to the capacity that permits adequate social distancing. The public may attend virtually through Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and the County’s Video on Demand website. For meeting audio only, call 301-715-8592, and when prompted, use meeting code 670 965 3024, pass code 2522482 (Alachua).
The public may submit comments, written or photographic documents to the Board through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the meeting or by participating when prompted to by the Chair of the Board. Virtual participation is available through the public comment message line. When prompted to call during the meeting, please call 929-205-6099 (enter meeting code 273 174 8038). Callers will be put in a queue, and prompted when it is their turn to speak. TO AVOID FEEDBACK, CALLERS TO THE PUBLIC COMMENT MESSAGE LINE MUST TURN DOWN THEIR MEETING SOUND WHEN ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION. Callers should state their names and limit comments to two minutes. When prompted for in-person public comment, in-person participants should follow the direction of the Chair to participate.