Florida gas prices are rising. The state average is $1.90 per gallon – the most expensive in 9 weeks. While the average price increased only 2 cents last week, even larger increases are possible in the coming days.
“Crude oil and wholesale gasoline prices are rising in response to positive US employment numbers and OPEC’s agreement to extend crude production cuts,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “Those increases could be passed along to consumers as early as this week. Florida gas prices could rise an average of 5-10 cents. If that happens, the state average could hit $2 per gallon for the first time in 10 weeks.”
The U.S. average gas price already drifted above $2 per gallon late last week. At $2.02 per gallon, the national average sits at 10-week highs.
Oil prices rose more than 10 percent last week. The price for a barrel of U.S. crude settled at $39.55 – the highest price since early March (13 weeks).
- Saturday, OPEC and its allies agreed to extend record oil production cuts of nearly 10 million barrels of oil a day through the end of July. The cuts are an effort to boost crude oil prices, by re-balancing supply and demand.
- Crude prices received an added boost late last week after a surprisingly robust U.S. labor market report. This data creates additional optimism in the market about gasoline demand.
Florida drivers are paying an average price of $1.90 per gallon. That’s 70 cents per gallon less than this time last year.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($2.01), Gainesville ($1.99), Panama City ($1.93), Fort Lauderdale ($1.93)
- Least expensive metro markets – Orlando ($1.87), Fort Myers ($1.87), Jacksonville ($1.87), Tampa Bay ($1.87)
Here are the top 10 lowest prices in Alachua County, according to gasbuddy.com:
- Love’s 5615 SE US-301 Hawthorne $1.83
- BP 15295 NE US HIGHWAY 301 Waldo $1.83
- Shell at 7015 US-301 Hawthorne $1.85
- Shell 6807 NE US 301 Hawthorne $1.85
- Sam’s Club 4400 SW 33rd Place Gainesville $1.87
- Marathon 3936 West Newberry Road Gainesville $1.89
- Chevron at 7435 SE US 301 Hawthorne $1.89
- Murphy USA 6323 NE 13th Street Gainesville $1.91
- Marathon 9600 Martin Luther King Highway Gainesville $1.91
- Sunoco 610 NE 1st Avenue High Springs $1.92
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Record High|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.