Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV) will host a TSA PreCheck signup event from March 7 to 17 outside the terminal.
Run through IdentoGO, the program allows travelers to apply for the TSA PreCheck program that allows approved flyers a less involved security screening process.
GNV has hosted the program five times before, saving applicants the need to drive to Jacksonville or Orlando.
The event can manage 12 applicants per hour, so GNV encourages signing up for a time slot.
The airport sent the following instructions for interested applicants:
- Visit www.universalenroll.dhs.gov to access the application page
- Click “NEW ENROLLMENT”
- Fill out the forms and choose “Next” at the bottom of each screen
- Type in your location in the Zipcode/City/Airport Code box – then click Search
- Choose location “Gainesville, FL – RV Pop-Up: GNV – Gainesville Regional Airportv3/7-3/17” and click Next
- Select your desired appointment time (Please be sure to make note of your appointment time, no reminders will be sent out.)
The application costs $85 and lasts five years. Parking will be available at the Long-term East Overflow Lot, employee lot.
GNV began servicing TSA PreCheck in 2018, and thousands have signed up for the program through the airport’s sign-up events, according to a press release.