Morteza Hosseini, chair of the UF Board of Trustees, announced the 13 advisors who will assist UF’s Presidential Search Committee in a Friday announcement.
While not members of the committee, the advisors will offer their expertise to Hosseini and the chair of the search committee, Rahul Patel. UF listed the members of its 15-person search committee on March 29.
Hosseini also announced the launch of a new website that will serve as the hub for information on the presidential search. The announcement said the website will go live in the next two weeks and contain biographies on the members of the search committee, its advisors and its executive search firm.
The website will lay out the criteria for the next president, provide ways for the public to give feedback and announce meeting schedules. Information on candidates will also be published 21 days before they are interviewed.
A new Florida law requires candidate information to stay confidential until a group of finalists are chosen.
The list of advisors includes current UF President Kent Fuchs and Santa Fe College President Paul Broadie II.
The list also includes:
- Scott Angle, UF Vice President for the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Joseph Glover, UF Senior Vice President and Provost
- Amy Meyers Hass, UF Vice President and General Counsel (legal advisor to the Search Committee)
- Charles Lane, UF Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer (administrative liaison to the Search Committee)
- Marsha McGriff, UF Chief Diversity Officer
- Tom Mitchell, UF Vice President for Advancement and Executive Vice President for the UF Foundation
- Saby Mitra, Dean, UF Warrington College of Business
- David Nelson, UF Senior Vice President for Health Affairs and President of UF Health
- Mary Parker, UF Vice President for Enrollment Management and Associate Provost
- Nicole Perez Stedman, UF Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate School
- Scott Stricklin, UF Athletic Director
Fuchs announced his move to a professor in January but will maintain the role as president through 2022. UF hopes for the new president to take over at the start of 2023.