The Lake City Police Department (LCPD) will be conducting a multi-agency DUI checkpoint stop on Saturday to help reduce driver-impaired crashes during the Labor Day weekend.
According to an LCPD release, the checkpoints will be held between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m. and will target drivers who are consuming drugs or alcohol.
Based on activity levels, weather conditions and other factors, the checkpoint may operate at one of the following locations:
- SW Bascom Norris Drive at SW Marvin Burnett Road
- NE US 441 and Martin Luther King Jr Street
- 1400 block of US Hwy 90 West
- South Marion Avenue at SW St. Margarets Street
- South Main Boulevard at State Road 47
- State Road 247 north of Bascom Norris Drive
The checkpoints are part of LCPD’s Strategic Traffic Enforcement Program funded by the Florida Department of Transportation.
The goal of the checkpoint is to identify and apprehend people driving under the influence before they cause an accident that can kill or injure others.
The LCPD is reminding drivers to have a current driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance in their car and these items must be submitted to police officers upon demand.