The Alachua County Commission will tackle a 53-item agenda during a hybrid Regular Meeting on Tuesday, Dec. 8. The Regular Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. and will recess after the morning agenda items are completed. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. for the evening agenda.
The daytime portion of the meeting includes a COVID-19 discussion. The evening meeting includes a GRU Groundwater Recharge Wetland Park Special Exception.
See the morning agenda here.
At the evening portion of the meeting the BOCC will discuss the application for a GRU Groundwater Recharge Wetland Park Special Exception.
Click here to see the map and park design.
The public who attends in-person must wear a facial covering at all times. Public seating will be made available up to the capacity that permits adequate social distancing.
The public may attend virtually through Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and the County's Video on Demand website. For meeting audio only, call 301-715-8592, and when prompted, use meeting code 670 965 3024, pass code 2522482 (Alachua).
The public may submit comments, written or photographic documents to the Board through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the meeting or by participating when prompted to by the Chair of the Board. Virtual participation is available through the public comment message line. When prompted to call during the meeting, please call 929-205-6099 (enter meeting code 273 174 8038). Callers will be put in a queue, and prompted when it is their turn to speak. TO AVOID FEEDBACK, CALLERS TO THE PUBLIC COMMENT MESSAGE LINE MUST TURN DOWN THEIR MEETING SOUND WHEN ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION. Callers should state their names and limit comments to two minutes. When prompted for in-person public comment, in-person participants should follow the direction of the Chair to participate.
Daytime items of interest:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring December 2020 as "Alachua County Election Worker Month" in Alachua County, FL
- Appointment of five members to the Alachua County Historical Commission, including one as Alternate
- Appointment of vacant Citizen at Large and Alternate Members to Recreation and Open Space Advisory Committee
- Gubernatorial recommendation for appointment of individuals to the Children's Trust of Alachua County
- Annual Report and Work Plan 2020-2021 for the Alachua County Historical Commission, with a special report and presentation on historic cemeteries
- COVID-19 update:
1. Health Department update
2. Review of Emergency Orders
High Springs Community Redevelopment Agency presentation
Solid Waste Collection Agreement update
City of Newberry annexations: Update on conflict resolution process
Request to Advertise: Unified Land Development Code Amendment to allow adaptive reuse of motels and hotels for multifamily housing in BH zoning and to allow Funeral Homes in BR zoning.
- Budget Inn acquisition due diligence
- Alachua County Commission appointments to Boards and Committees for 2021
- Second Public Hearing to consider an ordinance establishing a six month moratorium on new development or structures in rural commercial agriculture land use and commercial zoning areas
- Resolution 20-XX - Accepting the donation of real property from Pierre R. Warny, Jr. and Nancy H. Warny, husband and wife.