Gainesville is in the path of Hurricane Eta, which is currently projected to pass over us tomorrow. Prepare now! Bring inside any lawn furniture, outdoor decorations or ornaments, trash cans, hanging plants and anything else that can be picked up by the wind.
As it is available, new information will be posted in order to keep Gainesville neighbors, visitors and families up to date.
- Currently, no shelters are expected to open
- There are no mandatory evacuations locally.
City Government Offices
- City offices and facilities will be closed Thursday, Nov. 12. All scheduled meetings will be rescheduled for a future date.
- Alachua County public schools are closed Thursday.
- Trash collection for Thursday is delayed, with expected pickup on Friday.
- Please call GRU at 352-334-2871 to report power outages and 352-334-2550 for natural gas emergencies.
RTS Bus Routes and Operations
- RTS bus service will be suspended when/if winds reach a constant 35 mph. Please visit www.go-rts.com for more information.
Sandbags and Flooding
- The National Weather Service has issued tropical storm warnings and watches throughout north central Florida. It is expected to primarily be a wind event with sustained wind of 35 mph, and 2-4” of rain. Sustained rainfall and regional flooding is not expected at this time.
- The 311 Rumor Control phone number is now active. Please use it to verify the most up to the minute information on Hurricane Irma. For life threatening emergencies, call 911. For emergencies that are not life threatening, call 352-955-1818.
- GRACE Marketplace has implemented its inclement weather plan