Roof replacement and home repair funds are now available for eligible low-income Alachua County residents living outside the city of Gainesville.
According to an Alachua County release, the State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) recently released funding for roof replacement and home repair. The funds are part of the Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation program, which is available through the Alachua County Housing Division.
The funds are for low and very low-income eligible applicants who live outside the city of Gainesville. The program is first come, first serve.
To qualify for the funds, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The assisted unit must be owner-occupied, the owner’s primary residence, and located in Alachua County and outside the City of Gainesville.
- Property taxes must be paid current on the unit to be assisted.
- Homeowners must be very low or low income, depending on the funding source.
- Each unit, with the exception of emergency repairs, must meet or exceed the minimum housing code.
- Other requirements may need to be met, depending on the funding source.
To see low and very-low income household sizes, click here.
For an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Alachua County Housing Grants/Contracts Specialist Tom Allred at 352-337-6240 or email email@example.com.