The annual DJs Unite for LifeSouth blood drive is slated for Saturday with chances for attending donors to win various prizes.
The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at LifeSouth’s Newberry Road donor center (4039 Newberry Rd.) in Gainesville. The community is invited to join DJs and staff from 106.9 I Am Country, 101.3 Magic, 100.9 Classic Hits, 94.1 R&B and 100.5 The Buzz at the third annual blood drive.
Donors at the event will have a chance to win prizes that include:
- A three-day, two-night stay at the Residence Inn in Clearwater
- Four tickets to the Kennedy Space Center
- Four tickets to the St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park
- Four tickets to Jungle Adventures in Christmas, Florida.
- Two tickets to the Butterfly Rain Forest
- Four tickets to the Orlando Science Museum
- Two tickets to Wonder Works in Orlando
- Four tickets to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium
LifeSouth has been part of the Gainesville community since 1974 and opened at the request of local hospitals. The organization is the lone provider of blood to the three major Gainesville hospitals that include UF Health Shands, HCA Florida North Florida Hospital and the Malcom Randall VA Medical Center.
When donating, people will receive a complimentary cholesterol screening and a recognition t-shirt. All donors must be at least 17 years old (16 with parental permission), be in good health and weigh at least 110 pounds. Photo IDs are required.
For more information on scheduling an appointment date or on donating blood, call 888-795-2707 or visit lifesouth.org.