I’ve got good news: Great-tasting chili does not need to take hours to make.
Today’s creation is made in a 6-quart pan, and it takes just 20 minutes to make—as you might have guessed from the title.
Now, the way I make this will give you a medium spicy bite to it. You can adjust the recipe to your taste, but this is how I like it.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 2/ 15 oz cans of chili/pinto beans
– 2/ 10 oz cans of Ro-Tel brand diced tomatoes with jalapenos included
– 1 pound of ground beef (or 1 and half pounds of ground turkey)
– 3 or 4 shakes of paprika
– 3 or 4 shakes of Italian seasoning
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp garlic salt ( or 1 tbsp minced garlic)
– 3 tbsp chili powder
– half chopped onion (or 1 cup dried onions)
– 1 and half cups water for thinner mixture
– Shredded cheese
– Sour cream
To hear Larry explain how to mix this up to perfection, listen to this week’s 5-minute podcast here.