Let me start by saying: Don’t let the name of this dish fool you.
It may be called “Beer and 5 veggie stir fry,” but it does not taste like warm beer. You just use a little beer to make it.
I use chicken as my base for this healthy, tasty version of stir fry, but you can sub in a different meat or even tofu, if you want to make it vegetarian.
Here is what you’ll need:
– 2 boneless chicken breasts (good-sized, cut into half inch cubes)
– half cup olive oil
– half cup stale beer
– 1 yellow pepper, 1 red pepper, 1 orange pepper (sliced or cubed)
– 1 bunch asparagus tips (2 inches cut back)
– 1 dozen Brussels sprouts (cut in half)
– Sea salt (to your taste)
– Garlic salt (to your taste—and 2 tbsp minced garlic works as a replacement)
– 3-4 shakes paprika
– 3-4 shakes Italian seasoning
You can make this even more zesty by adding some your favorite spices.
This recipe serves six to eight people, depending on the size of their appetites. To learn the magic mixture for this recipe, just listen to this week’s 4-minute episode of the My Foodie Recipe podcast.