This dish comes straight from my wife’s family’s secret stash of recipes, but is great for something fast and easy for the “dog days of summer.”
As with many of our My Foodie Recipe dishes, this one is very easy to prepare. Here’s the list of ingredients—but please pay attention if you are going to use mayonnaise or Miracle Whip because it makes a big difference.
- -5 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced thin
- -1 large onion, peeled, sliced thin and separated into rings
- -3/4 cup whole milk
- -1/4 cup white vinegar
- -3/4 cup mayo or Miracle Whip
- – 1/4 cup sugar (omit if using Miracle Whip)
- -1/4 cup fresh, chopped dill or 2 tablespoons dry dill
- -salt and pepper to your liking
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until evenly combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or until very cold. By the way, this salad, if you keep it covered in your refrigerator, will last up to five days and still taste fresh!
To hear the cooking instructions, check out this week’s 3-minute episode of the My Foodie Recipe podcast.
View all comments