Cinco de Mayo may have passed now, but it’s still a good time to celebrate with a crunchy taco salad.
And it’s important you don’t forget the crunch! Most taco salads do not include chips, but trust me, this is a mistake.
Many of my recipes are original creations, so in the interest of full disclosure, I want to note that I did reference Taste of Home for proper ingredients for this recipe. Credit where credit is due. But the layering of the dish my own.
Here are the simple items you’ll need for this dish:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn (about 8 cups)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups broken nacho-flavored tortilla chips (or your favorite chips)
- 1/4 cup chipotle salad dressing
- lime juice
- 1 tomato (diced)
To hear how to mix up and layer this delicious salad to perfection, listen to this week’s 5-minute episode of the My Foodie Recipe podcast.
Bonus tip: If you want this dish to go, put in a bag and go! Some people call it a walking taco.
View all comments