Our next My Foodie Recipe is the crockpot green enchilada chicken soup.
Most times there are recipes that I have concocted and other times some of the best recipes I get from friends actually, or I see on social media or online, that I test try or am about to test try and this crock pot green enchilada chicken soup is perfect for that Sunday evening feel to it.
What you’ll need:
- 2.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 28 ounce can of green enchilada sauce
- 24 ounce can of chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounce cream cheese, cubed at room temperature
- 4 ounce green salsa (salsa verde)
- salt and pepper to your taste
A little extra, you can top with sliced avocado, cilantro, green onion and sour cream and add strips of crisp tortilla chips if you like. Enjoy!
To hear the cooking instructions, check out this week’s 3-minute episode on My Foodie Recipe podcast.