Today’s recipe is a masterpiece sandwich with an air fryer twist.
I actually got the idea after ordering a meatball sub at Subway. Why not bake those meatballs? That makes them less messy than sitting in sauce for an extended period of time—and that’s how we get the “soggy-free” version of this delicious entree.
Here’s what you will need:
– 1 pound of ground beef ( should be able to get 15-18 meatballs)
– Simple mix of dried oregano, sea salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes
– 1 egg (binds all this together)
– 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
– Half cup dried panko breadcrumbs
– Sliced cheese, tomato, lettuce (and any other desired toppings—even bacon!)
– Tomato paste (use water to create desired consistency)
I suggest baking the meatballs the night before you eat them. And be sure to add some Frank’s Hot Sauce right before you take the first bite.
To hear the rest of the cooking instructions, listen to this week’s six-minute episode of the My Foodie Recipe podcast. Then enjoy!