A 21-year-old Perry man died and four people were seriously injured when a pickup struck a disabled swamp buggy in Dixie County early Sunday morning.
According to a Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) release, a 21-year-old Perry man was driving a pickup north on County Road 361 at 1:20 a.m. when he struck a disabled swamp buggy near SW 391st Avenue south of Steinhatchee, killing the pickup driver.
Six people were in the disabled swamp buggy and four were seriously injured. They included:
- 52-year-old male driver from Cross City (serious condition)
- 61-year-old female passenger from Valdosta, Georgia (serious condition)
- 50-year-old female from Hahira, Georgia (serious condition)
- 66-year-old male from Valdosta, Georgia (serious condition)
- 64-year-old male from Lake Park, Georgia (not injured)
- 55-year-old female from Lake Park, Georgia (not injured)
FHP is investigating the collision.