Fire destroys cabinet shop in Hawthorne

Multiple units responded to a fire that destroyed a cabinet shop in Hawthorne on Thursday.
Multiple units responded to a fire that destroyed a cabinet shop in Hawthorne on Thursday.
Courtesy by ACFR

A cabinet shop in Hawthorne suffered extensive fire damage on Thursday afternoon.

According to an Alachua County Fire Rescue (ACFR) release, units from ACFR, Windsor Fire Department and Melrose Fire Department responded at 2:20 p.m. to the commercial building fire located off SE 200th Way for a report of a fire that started in a cabinet shop.

Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy fire in the shop that extended into an adjacent building.  Crews extinguished the fire and kept most of the damage to the building of origin.

Become A Member

Mainstreet does not have a paywall, but pavement-pounding journalism is not free. Join your neighbors who make this vital work possible.

No one was injured and all the employees were accounted for by the cabinet shop’s owners.

The fire is under investigation by the State Fire Marshall’s office.

A Thursday afternoon fire destroyed a cabinet shop in Hawthorne.
Courtesy by ACFR A Thursday afternoon fire destroyed a cabinet shop in Hawthorne.
Firefighters extinguish a blaze at a cabinet shop in Hawthorne on Thursday.
Courtesy by ACFR Firefighters extinguish a blaze at a cabinet shop in Hawthorne on Thursday.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments