Florida gas prices are beginning to trickle down lower. Retail prices are backing off from the 20-week high of nearly $2.16 per gallon, which was set eight days ago.
The state average declined three cents per gallon last week. Florida drivers are now paying an average price of nearly $2.13 per gallon.
The Gainesville region is currently averaging $2.16 per gallon, the second highest in the state.
“Florida drivers continue to enjoy unusually low gas prices for this time of year,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “The cost for a full tank of gas is about $5 less than it was this time last year. The pandemic’s effect on fuel demand continues to weigh on crude oil and wholesale gasoline prices, preventing any monumental gains. Low oil prices make it cheaper to produce and sell gasoline.”
The price for a barrel of US crude oil settled at $41.22, Friday on the NYMEX. Crude prices have held close to the $41 range for the past six weeks. This time last year, the price of crude was around $54 per barrel, the difference of about 30% from what crude is now.
Florida’s state average is 5 cents per gallon less than the national average for gasoline. The U.S. average of $2.18 per gallon is down 1-cent from a week ago. It remains nearly 50 cents per gallon less than this time last year.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($2.23), Gainesville ($2.16), Fort Lauderdale ($2.15)
- Least expensive metro markets – Punta Gorda ($2.05), Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($2.08), Pensacola ($2.08)
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Record High|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
Here are the 10 lowest gas prices in Alachua County, and the lowest in other Alachua towns, according to gasbuddy.com:
- Sam’s Club 4400 SW 33rd Place Gainesville $1.99
- Murphy Express 6323 NW 13th Street Gainesville $2.04
- BP 5310 NW 13th Street Gainesville $2.04
- The Short Stop 2610 NE 39th Avenue Gainesville $2.05
- Sunoco 610 NE 1st Avenue High Springs $2.05
- Citgo 18501 NW CR-236 High Springs $2.05
- Sunoco 528 NW 8th Avenue Gainesville $2.06
- Gate 3001 NW 13th Street Gainesville $2.07
- Gate 506 NW 13th Street Gainesville $2.07
- Wawa 2373 Old Archer Road Gainesville $2.07
Lowest in other Alachua Towns:
- Alachua: Raceway 16070 MLK Blvd $2.14
- Archer: Mobil 13475 SW FL-45 $2.15
- Hawthorne Shell 7015 US-301 $2.09
- Melrose: Melrose Food Mart 1647 FL-100 $2.07
- Newberry: BP 45 SW 250th Street $2.15
- Waldo: BP 15295 NE US 301 $2.15