Florida drivers saw another week of declining prices at the pump. The state average dropped 2 cents last week. Now drivers are paying an average price of $2.06 for a gallon of regular unleaded.
The Gainesville region remains the second highest in Florida, averaging $2.14 per gallon.
Florida drivers are paying 55 cents per gallon less than this time last year. Florida's state average declined for the 18th consecutive day on Sunday; declining a total of 5 cents during that period. Drivers in some Florida cities have seen pump prices slide below $2 a gallon.
To date, the average price for the month of July is $2.09 per gallon. Although that's 12 cents per gallon more than the monthly average in June, it's the lowest monthly average for July in 16 years.
"Pump prices are holding relatively steady after a somewhat uneventful week in the oil and gasoline market," said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA - The Auto Club Group. "Gas prices throughout the rest of the summer will continue to be influenced by COVID-19's impact on demand, and the hurricane season's potential to impact supply. Over the weekend, Hurricane Hanna made landfall in Texas, but stayed south of the region's critical oil and gasoline infrastructure. A direct hit to the state's southeastern coast could adversely effect the supply chain, leading to higher prices at the pump. For now, drivers should expect pump prices to be relatively stable this week."
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($2.17), Tallahassee ($2.14), Gainesville ($2.14)
- Least expensive metro markets – Punta Gorda ($1.94), Orlando ($2.00), Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater ($2.01)
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Record High|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
Here are the 9 lowest gas prices in Alachua County, according to gasbuddy.com:
- Sam's Club 4400 SW 33rd Place Gainesville $1.95
- Murphy Express 6323 NW 13th Street Gainesville $1.98
- Sunoco 4207 NW 13th Street Gainesville $2.01
- BP 5310 NW 13th Street Gainesville $2.03
- Gate 506 NW 13th Street Gainesville $2.03
- Mobil 5708 NW 34th Street Gainesville $2.03
- Pure 405 NE 1st High Springs $2.04
- The Short Stop 2610 NE 39th Avenue Gainesville $2.05
- BP 2320 SW Archer Road Gainesville $2.05