Florida gas prices dropped four cents last week. The state average has now declined the past 15 consecutive days for a total discount of six cents.
Florida drivers are now paying the lowest gas prices since late July. The state average price for regular unleaded is $2.09 per gallon. That’s four cents less than a week ago.
In the Gainesville region, gas prices average $2.15 per gallon. The second highest in the state.
On average, drivers are paying 36 cents per gallon less than this time last year. The cost for a full tank of gas is $31 – almost $6 less than this time last year.
“Gas prices are drifting lower, reaching the low $2.00-range in many markets,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “Prices are declining as concerns about elevated cases of COVID-19 continue to dampen expectations for fuel demand. The current outlook has prevented crude oil prices from gaining any significant ground, thus keeping gas prices low.”
Last week, the International Energy Agency (IEA) revised its global oil demand forecast for 2020. Before the pandemic, the IEA set 2020 global demand expectations at 101 million barrels per day. Now, that forecast is down to 91.9 million barrels per day. The IEA cites COVID-19 as the culprit, causing reductions in road and air travel. In the report, the IEA suggests that business travel will remain severely curtailed until a vaccine is found, while leisure travel will mainly be limited to domestic trips and short-haul flights; crimping the demand for jet fuel.
Crude oil prices are still holding within the $41-$42 per barrel range. On Friday, the price for US crude oil settled at $42.01 per barrel – 79 cents more than the week before.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach-Boca Raton ($2.22), Gainesville ($2.15), Tallahassee ($2.14)
- Least expensive metro markets – Punta Gorda ($1.99), Orlando ($2.05), Fort Myers-Cape Coral ($2.05)
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Record High|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
Here are the 10 lowest gas prices in Alachua County, and the lowest in other Alachua towns, according to gasbuddy.com:
- Sam’s Club 4400 SW 33rd Place Gainesville $1.95
- Murphy Express 6323 NW 13th Street Gainesville $2.01
- Mobil 5708 SW 34th Street Gainesville $2.04
- BP 5310 NW 13th Street Gainesville $2.04
- The Short Stop 2610 NE 39th Avenue Gainesville $2.05
- BP 2320 SW Archer Road Gainesville $2.05
- Circle K 3525 SW 34th Street Gainesville $2.05
- Wawa 2373 Old Archer Road Gainesville $2.05
- Sunoco 610 NE 1st Avenue High Springs $2.05
- Marathon 3936 West Newberry Road Gainesville $2.05
Lowest in other Alachua County towns:
- Alachua: Raceway 16171 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive $2.08
- Archer: Mobil 13475 SW FL-45 $2.15
- Hawthorne Shell 7015 US-301 $2.09
- Melrose: Melrose Food Mart 1647 FL-100 $2.07
- Micanopy Marathon 106 NE US-441 $2.15
- Newberry: BP 45 SW 250th Street $2.15
- Waldo: BP 15295 NE US 301 $2.15