Florida gas prices increased 10 cents last week. The state average price of $2.16 per gallon is the most expensive in 20 weeks, and the highest state average in the southeastern United States.
“Gas prices suddenly jumped 10 cents last Monday, then quickly leveled off for the rest of the week,” said Mark Jenkins, spokesman, AAA – The Auto Club Group. “The price hike came as a surprise, considering that both oil and wholesale gasoline prices have held steady for weeks, doing very little to justify the increase. Isaias was also not considered to be a factor, since it was never a threat to oil rigs and refineries in the Gulf of Mexico.
“Either way, it may be difficult for gas prices to linger at current levels,” Jenkins continued. “Crude oil and wholesale gasoline prices tumbled last week, by a margin that could eventually erase last week’s jump at the pump.”
Last month was officially the cheapest July at the pump in 16 years. The monthly average of $2.10 per gallon was 13 cents per gallon more than the average price in June 2020, yet 54 cents per gallon less than the monthly average in July 2019.
- Most expensive metro markets – West Palm Beach – Boca Raton ($2.26), Ocala ($2.18), Port St. Lucie ($2.18)
- Least expensive metro markets – Pensacola ($2.09), Crestview-Fort Walton Beach ($2.09), Panama City ($2.11)
Find Florida Gas Prices
- Daily gas price averages can be found at Gasprices.aaa.com
- State and metro averages can be found here
AAA GAS PRICE AVERAGES
|Sunday||Saturday||Week Ago||Month Ago||One Year Ago||Record High|
|Click here to view current gasoline price averages|
Gas Price Survey Methodology
AAA updates fuel price averages daily at www.GasPrices.AAA.com. Every day up to 130,000 stations are surveyed based on credit card swipes and direct feeds in cooperation with the Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) and Wright Express for unmatched statistical reliability. All average retail prices in this report are for a gallon of regular, unleaded gasoline.
Here are the 10 lowest gas prices in Alachua County, and the lowest in other Alachua towns, according to gasbuddy.com:
- Sam’s Club 4400 SW 33rd Place Gainesville $1.99
- Sunoco 610 NE 1st Avenue High Springs $2.05
- Citgo 18501 NW CR-236 High Springs $2.05
- Sunoco 528 NW 8th Avenue Gainesville $2.06
- Murphy Express 6323 NW 13th Street Gainesville $2.07
- Citgo 1720 South Main Street Gainesville $2.09
- Love’s 5615 SE US 301 Hawthorne $2.09
- Chevron 1510 South Main Street Gainesville $2.09
- Chevron 401 North Main Street High Springs $2.09
- Marathon 3936 Newberry Road Gainesville $2.09
- Alachua: BP 15980 NW US Hwy 441 Alachua $2.13
- Archer: Shell 12771 SW FL-45 Archer $2.18
- Newberry: Marathon 24252 West Newberry Road Newberry $2.15
- Waldo: 15330 NW US 301 Waldo $2.15