In order to help protect our community against the spread of COVID-19, the City of Gainesville’s Regional Transportation System will implement additional changes to bus routes beginning Monday, March 23. RTS bus service will end daily at 11 p.m. In addition, bus service has been suspended on Routes 39, 76 and 800.
To facilitate social distancing, buses will operate with no more than 50 percent capacity with no more than 25 riders per bus. In accordance with Florida Department of Health guidelines, the City asks that individuals refrain from riding the bus:
- who are a contact of a known or suspected case of COVID-19.
- who are 65 or older with underlying health conditions.
- who are immune-compromised.
- who feel ill.
- who have been exposed to someone with a respiratory illness in the last 14 days.
- who have chronic health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes or lung disease.
- who have traveled internationally within the last 14 days, especially to destinations under a Level 3 travel advisory or higher as designated by the US Department of State.
- who are immune-compromised in a geographic area with widespread community transmission of COVID-19.