Late night fire in Bradford County claims home

Bradford fire1
Bradford fire1

A kitchen fire is to blame for the loss of a home late Monday evening June 16. Fortunately there were no injuries. 

Around 10:45 pm Bradford County 911 received a report of a house fire in the 7500 block of NW 203rd Way off County Road 233. The caller reported a kitchen fire that was spreading rapidly. When BCFR firefighters arrived they found heavy fire conditions in the doublewide mobile home. Crews made an aggressive attack and had the fire under control shortly after arrival. 

Firefighters from the City of Starke Fire Rescue also responded to assist and assure the fire was extinguished. 

Become A Member

Mainstreet does not have a paywall, but pavement-pounding journalism is not free. Join your neighbors who make this vital work possible.

Bradford County firefighters remind everyone that kitchen fires are the leading cause of home fires, with over 173,000 home fires annually caused by cooking fires. To reduce the risk, never leave cooking unattended and stay close when frying, grilling, boiling or broiling food. Use a timer if necessary to remind yourself to check all cooking often. Also keep anything that can catch fire – oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels and the like – away from your stovetop.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments