The National Weather Service (NWS) issued a heat advisory warning for Thursday throughout North Central Florida with heat index temperatures ranging from 105 to 111 degrees.
According to the report sent from the NWS Jacksonville office, the warning will run from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The NWS listed precautionary actions that include:
- Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.
- Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances.
- If you work or spend time outside, when possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
- Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose-fitting clothing.
- To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air-conditioned environments.
- Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location and call 911 for emergency situations.
View all comments