Lake City police responded to reports of gunfire at the Cedar Park Apartments for the second time in 36 hours early Friday morning.
Multiple callers reported hearing around six shots fired in the courtyard area behind building 399 at NW Bascom Norris Drive around 1:30 a.m. The Lake City Police Department (LCPD) investigated a Wednesday afternoon shooting at the same complex when they approached two alleged suspects that fled.
When LCPD officers arrived Friday morning, they could not locate the crime scene, a victim or any witnesses willing to provide information.
After canvassing the area around the original gunfire incident, an anonymous subject on scene told officers that a female emerged from an unknown apartment and collected the shell casings prior to LCPD’s arrival.
Officers could not locate the female or find the apartment she was in. After talking with several people in the area where the female allegedly collected the shell casings, no one would admit to seeing or hearing anything.
If anyone has any information on either of these incidents, LCPD asks them to contact the LCPD at (386) 752-4343 and speak with an investigator.
- Suspects flee following Lake City shooting (March 17, 2022)
- Lake City police respond to gunfire incidents (March 9, 2022)
- CCSO arrests shooter that caused school lockdown (Feb. 23, 2022)
- CCSO, feds arrest 7 in Lake City (Feb. 15, 2022)
- Lake City police search for shooting suspect (Feb. 2, 2022)
- Teens among three shot in Lake City (Jan. 4, 2022)
- Lake City shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured (Dec. 8, 2021)
- 1 teen killed, 1 injured in Lake City shooting (Oct. 27, 2021)
- Attempted murder suspect held on $1 million bond (May 13, 2021)
- Double shooting leaves teen dead in Columbia County (Feb. 3, 2021)