A midnight drive-by shooting in Lake City damaged a car along NW Ivory Terrace on Tuesday.
According to a Lake City Police Department (LCPD) press release, officers responded at 7:47 a.m. to NW Wilson Street to a report of property damage.
When they arrived on scene, a victim reported they heard four or five gunshots coming from a vehicle traveling along NW Ivory Terrace at midnight. When the victim walked outside at 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, they discovered the the rear windshield of their vehicle was shattered and found a bullet hole in the liftgate. Another bullet was located inside the vehicle.
On Monday, April 25, 2022 at 7:47 a.m., officers from the Lake City Police Department were dispatched to NW Wilson Street, to a report of property damage.
Upon arrival, officers spoke to the victim who stated they heard four or five gunshots coming from a vehicle traveling along NW Ivory Terrace at midnight. The victim reported walking outside at 7:30 a.m. checking their vehicle, discovering the rear windshield was shattered, and a bullet hole was in the liftgate. A bullet located inside the vehicle was collected and placed into evidence.
LCPD asks anyone with information concerning this incident to contact investigators at (386) 752-4343.
- Lake City drive-by shooting sends 1 to hospital (April 25, 2022)
- Gunfire strikes vehicle in Lake City (April 2, 2022)
- Sixth gunfire incident in March hits Lake City (March 24, 2022)
- LCPD investigates homicides near Lake De Soto (March 21, 2022)
- Gunfire erupts again at Cedar Park Apartments (March 18, 2022)
- Suspects flee following Lake City shooting (March 17, 2022)
- Lake City police respond to gunfire incidents (March 9, 2022)
- CCSO arrests shooter that caused school lockdown (Feb. 23, 2022)
- CCSO, feds arrest 7 in Lake City (Feb. 15, 2022)
- Lake City police search for shooting suspect (Feb. 2, 2022)
- Teens among three shot in Lake City (Jan. 4, 2022)
- Lake City shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured (Dec. 8, 2021)
- 1 teen killed, 1 injured in Lake City shooting (Oct. 27, 2021)
- Attempted murder suspect held on $1 million bond (May 13, 2021)
- Double shooting leaves teen dead in Columbia County (Feb. 3, 2021)