A Lake City drive-by shooting sent one person to the hospital in critical condition on Monday morning.
According to a Columbia County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO) report, deputies responded to a residence on NW Moore Road near U.S. Highway 41 North around 10 a.m. after a person was reportedly shot. When deputies arrived, they aided a 26-year-old shooting victim—which CCSO declined to identify as male or female.
The report stated the suspect(s) fired into the residence from the road and fled in a vehicle. Another adult and infant inside the home at the time of the shooting were not injured.
Emergency responders transported the victim to the hospital.
“We are praying the victim makes a full recovery and will work to ensure justice is brought to those responsible,” CCSO Sheriff Mark Hunter said in a statement. “This type of behavior is unacceptable in our community and we will do everything possible to hold those accountable who act recklessly and violently.”
The CCSO said it is withholding further details at this time because the investigation is ongoing. The CCSO asked anyone with information regarding the incident to contact detectives at (386) 758-1095 or Crime Stoppers at (386) 754-7099. Tips may also be submitted anonymously online at CrimeStoppers.
This shooting is one of several that have taken place in Columbia County and/or Lake City since the start of the year.
- Gunfire strikes vehicle in Lake City (April 2, 2022)
- Sixth gunfire incident in March hits Lake City (March 24, 2022)
- LCPD investigates homicides near Lake De Soto (March 21, 2022)
- Gunfire erupts again at Cedar Park Apartments (March 18, 2022)
- Suspects flee following Lake City shooting (March 17, 2022)
- Lake City police respond to gunfire incidents (March 9, 2022)
- CCSO arrests shooter that caused school lockdown (Feb. 23, 2022)
- CCSO, feds arrest 7 in Lake City (Feb. 15, 2022)
- Lake City police search for shooting suspect (Feb. 2, 2022)
- Teens among three shot in Lake City (Jan. 4, 2022)
- Lake City shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured (Dec. 8, 2021)
- 1 teen killed, 1 injured in Lake City shooting (Oct. 27, 2021)
- Attempted murder suspect held on $1 million bond (May 13, 2021)
- Double shooting leaves teen dead in Columbia County (Feb. 3, 2021)