Lake City police officers responded to reported gunfire in the area of SE Church Avenue and SE Lake Forest Place on Wednesday evening.
According to a Lake City Police Department (LCPD) release, a witness told officers that a black male in a white car was involved in the incident but it was unclear who the intended target was. Officers located spent shell casings along the roadway.
Several witnesses on scene told officers they heard gunfire but did not observe anything, according to the release. No one was injured and no property was damaged in the shooting incident—the sixth gunfire event LCPD has responded to in March.
LCPD asks anyone with information concerning this incident to contact investigators at (386) 752-4343.
In the past week, LCPD located two people found shot to death inside a car at 258 NE Hernando Ave. in a crime associated with the death of a Live Oak woman on Monday. The department also responded to reported gunfire at the Cedar Park Apartments on March 17 and March 18.
Earlier in March, two other reports of gunfire occurred at NW Long Street and SW Grandview Street.
- LCPD investigates homicides near Lake De Soto (March 21, 2022)
- Gunfire erupts again at Cedar Park Apartments (March 18, 2022)
- Suspects flee following Lake City shooting (March 17, 2022)
- Lake City police respond to gunfire incidents (March 9, 2022)
- CCSO arrests shooter that caused school lockdown (Feb. 23, 2022)
- CCSO, feds arrest 7 in Lake City (Feb. 15, 2022)
- Lake City police search for shooting suspect (Feb. 2, 2022)
- Teens among three shot in Lake City (Jan. 4, 2022)
- Lake City shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured (Dec. 8, 2021)
- 1 teen killed, 1 injured in Lake City shooting (Oct. 27, 2021)
- Attempted murder suspect held on $1 million bond (May 13, 2021)
- Double shooting leaves teen dead in Columbia County (Feb. 3, 2021)