Gunfire erupted from a red Dodge Charger at another vehicle along NE Franklin Street in Lake City on Saturday.
According to a Lake City Police Department (LCPD) release, officers were dispatched to NW Galloway Place at 4:45 p.m. and spoke to three victims who reported hearing gunfire coming from the passing Charger while they were traveling east on NE Franklin Street.
LCPD officers noticed the vehicle was had been struck several times and found bullet fragments inside the car. Officers also located shell casings at the scene where the incident occurred and were unable to find damage to surrounding businesses.
All three victims provided LCPD with witness statements and officers processed evidence collected from the vehicle and the incident scene.
LCPD asks anyone with information concerning this incident to contact investigators at (386) 752-4343.
Saturday’s gunfire incident marks the seventh shooting in Lake City reported by LCPD since early March.
- Sixth gunfire incident in March hits Lake City (March 24, 2022)
- LCPD investigates homicides near Lake De Soto (March 21, 2022)
- Gunfire erupts again at Cedar Park Apartments (March 18, 2022)
- Suspects flee following Lake City shooting (March 17, 2022)
- Lake City police respond to gunfire incidents (March 9, 2022)
- CCSO arrests shooter that caused school lockdown (Feb. 23, 2022)
- CCSO, feds arrest 7 in Lake City (Feb. 15, 2022)
- Lake City police search for shooting suspect (Feb. 2, 2022)
- Teens among three shot in Lake City (Jan. 4, 2022)
- Lake City shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured (Dec. 8, 2021)
- 1 teen killed, 1 injured in Lake City shooting (Oct. 27, 2021)
- Attempted murder suspect held on $1 million bond (May 13, 2021)
- Double shooting leaves teen dead in Columbia County (Feb. 3, 2021)