Lake City police officers arrested a suspect who allegedly shot and killed a 20-year-old man at SW Happiness Lane early Sunday morning.
According to a Lake City Police Department (LCPD) release, officers were dispatched to SW Happiness Lane around 12:15 a.m. to the report of a person shot. When they arrived, officers located a 20-year-old black male shot in the chest.
Emergency responders were unsuccessful in life-saving efforts and the victim succumbed to his injuries.
During the investigation, LCPD officers discovered that Darrius Romeo Tucker, 20, of Lake City, allegedly fired the fatal shot, but the motive was not determined. Tucker refused to answer questions and requested an attorney.
Officers arrested Tucker and transported him to the Columbia County Detention Center without further incident.
- LCPD arrests armed man at Cedar Park (May 23, 2022)
- Lake City fight leads to seven arrests (May 18, 2022)
- More residential gunfire hits Lake City (May 17, 2022)
- LCPD arrests October homicide shooter (May 13, 2022)
- Gunfire hits Lake City residence (May 10, 2022)
- LCPD responds to gunfire, deceased woman (May 9, 2022)
- Lake City drive-by shooting sends 1 to hospital (April 25, 2022)
- Gunfire strikes vehicle in Lake City (April 2, 2022)
- Sixth gunfire incident in March hits Lake City (March 24, 2022)
- LCPD investigates homicides near Lake De Soto (March 21, 2022)
- Gunfire erupts again at Cedar Park Apartments (March 18, 2022)
- Suspects flee following Lake City shooting (March 17, 2022)
- Lake City police respond to gunfire incidents (March 9, 2022)
- CCSO arrests shooter that caused school lockdown (Feb. 23, 2022)
- CCSO, feds arrest 7 in Lake City (Feb. 15, 2022)
- Lake City police search for shooting suspect (Feb. 2, 2022)
- Teens among three shot in Lake City (Jan. 4, 2022)
- Lake City shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured (Dec. 8, 2021)
- 1 teen killed, 1 injured in Lake City shooting (Oct. 27, 2021)
- Attempted murder suspect held on $1 million bond (May 13, 2021)
- Double shooting leaves teen dead in Columbia County (Feb. 3, 2021)